Dumped grain causes fire in Moonyoonooka
A small bush fire which broke out along the Geraldton-Mount Magnet Road just before 3pm today was quickly dealt with by the Moonyoonooka Bush Fire Brigade.
A spokeswoman for the Department of Fire and Emergency Services said the fire was quickly extinguished by the responding team who had left the scene by 3.20pm.
“A verge fire was reported at 2.56pm,” she said. “The cause of the fire appears to be dumped grain that began smouldering.”
The incident occurred in Moonyoonooka near Abattoir Road and will continue to be monitored by the Brigade.
Get the latest news from thewest.com.au in your inbox.
Sign up for our emails