NSW's 'something for everyone' budget
NSW BUDGET 2021/22 HIGHLIGHTS
HEALTH: $30.2 billion new and recurrent spending, including ...
* $3.1b for capital works including 28 regional hospitals and clinics
* $2.6b for mental health, including the formation of child and adolescent 'response teams'
* $1.4b for a new ambulance headquarters in Sydney, equipment, paramedic upskilling and transport
* $1.1b for COVIC-19 measures including vaccine distribution, clinics, testing, quarantine and PPE
EDUCATION: $24.4 billion new a recurrent spending, including ...
* $6b for school works, teachers and technology in regional areas
* $2.6b 'training for the jobs of the future' program
* $2b for TAFE
* $725m for early education, including free preschool
* $9b for regional roads and transport
* $900m for building or upgrading regional hospitals
* $590m storm and flood recovery package for local communities
* $398m regional growth fund, backing more than 2100 community projects
* $168m for 'economic activation' including airport upgrades,
* $150m for improvements to mobile coverage and internet service in remote and regional areas
* $472m in rebates for small businesses to claim back government fees and charges
* $20m to provide personalised support for small businesses in Service NSW
TOURISM & EVENTS
* $80.4m for new signature walking experiences across NSW
* $50m to support regional tourism
* $5m to establish the Heritage Blue Plaques program
* $259m to provide affordable housing to Aboriginal communities
* $185 on targeted education services for first nations students
* $41m to expand the Stolen Generations Reparations Scheme
Get the latest news from thewest.com.au in your inbox.
Sign up for our emails