Camera IconThe 30-year-old revealed he has only months left to live after his cancer continued to spread. Credit: Go Fund Me

A young Aussie musician has revealed he only has months left to live, with his cancer spreading despite more than a year of treatment.

Bassist for Bugs Band, Jordan Brunoli, was diagnosed with stage four colorectal cancer in 2025 and shared the news of his latest devastating prognosis with fans on Sunday.

“Hey guys, it’s Jords. I wanted to share an update amidst all the new music,” the 30- year-old began.

“I have spent over a year now trying different chemotherapy drugs, backed by an amazing oncologist and treatment team.

“Unfortunately, I have a mutation that causes rapid growth of tumours, and none of the treatments have been able to stop the cancer from spreading.

Read more...

“I am now entering the final chapter of my life after being told in June I had a prognosis of 3-4 months.”

Camera IconOver the course of the last year, the artist has had major surgery to remove half his bowel and put in a stoma, and had weeks of chemotherapy. Credit: Go Fund Me

The Brisbane artist said he wanted to be upfront with his fans about his condition while thanking bandmates Connor Brooker and Brock Weston for helping him fulfil his wish of releasing their new album Head Noise and returning to the stage.

“I’m forever grateful for the support from Con, Brock and our OG Bugs team who have banded together to indulge my wish, to release our album and play some shows before I go,” he continued.

The band has been working on the album for the past two years throughout Brunoli’s cancer treatment, including while he recovered from major surgery to remove half of his bowel and chemotherapy.

“Head Noise means so much to me. We’ve worked on it for the last 2 years, through the good and the bad.

“We kept recording when I was recovering from surgery, sick from chemo, even when I had neuropathy so bad I couldn’t feel the guitar I was playing.”

Camera IconBugs band members Jordan Brunoli, Brock Weston and Connor Brooker. Credit: @BugsBandAu

The artist stated that music remained firmly at the centre of how he intends to spend the time that he has left.

“My focus has always been on enjoying the music and sharing it with others,” he said.

“Playing, recording and touring around Australia with Bugs has been the opportunity of a lifetime.

“I just want to say, if there were a few final shows coming up, you can bet your a** I’ll be playing them.”

He ended the update with a message to those who have supported him throughout his career and treatment: “Thank you everyone, and watch me enjoy the f*** out of the rest of my life.”

Get the latest news from thewest.com.au in your inbox.

Sign up for our emails